We are always on the lookout for highly skilled and motivated individuals who seek a challenging career opportunity and can contribute to both MVRsimulation's success and their success.
MVRsimulation offers a unique work environment. Our company is a small, dedicated team, comprised mainly of engineers, focused on delivering the best products in our industry. Our core staff brings experience from the simulation and training industry and the game industry; it is this collective knowledge base that we consider our greatest commodity. We work in a geographically distributed environment in the US; all staff members work remotely from home offices.
MVRsimulation monitors its growth such that we can maintain a unique environment of freedom, technology, ethics, and profitability that meets our customers' needs and contributes to the professional growth of our staff. In addition to our flexible working environment, we offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you think you would like to work at MVRsimulation, submit your resumé via email as a PDF attachment or as an ASCII-formatted resumé directly in the message to email@example.com. No initial phone inquires will be accepted. Following your submission, if we determine that you might be a potential candidate for an open position, a MVRsimulation staff member will contact you to conduct an initial phone interview.
All policies on this page are subject to change without notice.
(Post updated: September 2021)
MVRsimulation is looking for a motivated, experienced software user documentation professional to join our company. This full-time position is a great opportunity for a self-starter to work within a flexible virtual environment as part of a small software company that is customer-focused and values high quality work. The technical writer will be responsible for writing, editing, and producing MVRsimulation’s user documentation.
- Write and produce user documentation (print and help) for users of our image generator, 3D terrain generation, and scenario creation software. Documentation includes user guides, help, installation instructions, release notes; at times, in collaboration with a developer.
- Write and produce tradeshow datasheets and semi-annual email newsletter in collaboration with our PR / communications specialist.
- Occasionally edit or collaboratively write other outward-facing communications (proposals, presentations, installation media packaging, beta test announcements).
- As a user advocate, give feedback to software developers on the UX of new features and enhancements; also review text in the user interfaces.
- Keep up-to-date on software changes and support issues.
- As a user of our image generator product, create compelling screenshots of our virtual worlds for use in a variety of materials in the company (user documentation, media packaging, website, social media and press releases, data sheets, ads, etc.).
- Occasionally interview customers to gain understanding of their ultimate goals for using our software (providing customer use cases for product and documentation improvement + usability, website case studies, newsletter articles).
- Create short how-to product videos with simple tools.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to produce printed manuals and datasheets.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and driven with desire to have a positive impact on the business.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of managing deliverables and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possess a strong sense of accountability and teamwork, including ability to communicate regularly with teammates in our remote environment.
- Creative problem solver with an ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by technology-focused concepts and translating them into easy-to-understand information.
- As user advocate, possess a strong sense of product usability and desire to understand how customers use our products to accomplish their goals.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows 10 OS, MS Office apps, a Windows online Help authoring tool (such as Adobe Robohelp or MadCap Flare), and Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Knowledge of basic video editing skills a plus (with simple tools such as Windows Video Editor or Adobe Premiere Elements).
- Prior experience (5-7 years or more) writing user documentation in a software technical environment.
- Experience collaborating with a remote team.
- Experience with a version control system such as Perforce or Subversion (SVN).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Applicant must be a US citizen.
- Applicant must located within a half-day travel distance from Boston, MA.
- Cold calls to the company phone number will disqualify the applicant.
- Third parties are not accepted.
- Because our target market is primarily the US military market, the applicant will be expected to provide personal details as part of a standard background check.
- Submit your PDF or ASCII-formatted resume in an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.